Category : Our Services
Lips are an important part of facial beauty. For many people, fuller and more sensuous lips come high on their wish list. These can be created using material naturally found in the body. A simple, safe, temporary dermal filler treatment can add volume and definition which can enhance small, thin lips. The procedure can also balance out asymmetric lips or reduce the appearance of those fine, vertical lines.
Which part of the lip can be enhanced?
Lip enhancement can be performed at many different areas of the lips :
- Vermilion border or lip outline – for creating definition, width and improve lipstick bleeding lines
- Lip augmentation targeting the fleshy part of the upper and lower lip – for volume, pout and fullness
- Cupids bow definition – adds definition and contouring
- Oral commissures or lines going down from the sides of the mouth – for a younger and happy look
- Marionette lines (sad lines from corner of lips downward) – also known as puppet lines
Philtrum ridges that go from the upper lip towards the nose can be made more defined.
- Perioral lines or fine vertical lines often due to smoking on the upper lip can be reduced
What does the procedure involve?
Prior the treatment : Topical anaesthetic will be applied for 15-30 minutes prior the treatment to make the area numb
The procedure : Dermal filler is injected at precise locations into your skin. The doctor will then massage to smooth the product. During the procedure, you are fully awake. You will be given a mirror to hold to enable you to see the results as the doctor completes the treatment.
Post treatment : You should avoid touching or applying make up on the treated area for 6 hours in order to prevent infection. Specific post treatment instructions will be given to you on the day of your treatment by our Clinic Coordinator
The results are immediate and last from 6-12 months. As the results are relatively temporary, adjustments can be made as your face changes over time and you will always retain a natural look